Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Favorite Summer Memory

When I was a kid, my dad took me on a mini road trip around Texas. At the time, I wasn't really into it because I didn't want to waste my precious summer days in the car.

Now that I'm older, I realize what a great experience that trip was. We went to Sea World in San Antonio, had the chance to visit some of the great rivers in Central Texas, and we even camped out for a few days.

The activities themselves were fun, but not as important as the time I got to spend with my dad. Growing up I was always kind of scared of my dad because he was the disciplinarian of the family, but the time we spent together helped me realize how much he loves me.

My dad will do anything for me, and I can only hope that I'm half the man he is if I'm lucky enough to start a family of my own. I can't wait to take my kids on mini-road trips just like he did with me.

No comments: