Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Resolution

I've never really been a New Year's Resolution kind of guy. They've just seemed a little silly. Despite my feelings, I have attempted to make and keep some goals the last couple of years, and I've done OK for the most part.

I've decided to make another resolution for 2009, which is to give myself a break, stop worrying about the future, and to enjoy the rest of the time I have here in Portland. It sounds easy, but it's trickier than it may seem.

The majority of the last couple of months have been filled with anxiety due to not knowing what I'm going to be doing or where I'm going to be living once I'm done with school. I know that I have very little control over these matters, and I should just let things unfold, but that can be scary.

Also, I've been living my life with one foot in Portland and the other out the door, which has held me back when it comes to putting myself out there to establish new relationships. Part of me feels that there's no point because more than likely I won't be sticking around. The other part of me is frustrated because I'm closing myself off to so many great memories.

So, I guess my ultimate goal for 2009 is to just live...

No comments: