Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Back and Forth

Indecision strikes again. With graduation just 5 months away, the panic about what I'm going to do next is starting to set in. More than likely I'm probably going to pursue some kind of student affairs job in order to make use of my new degree, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to do.

I've always wanted to go back into orientation, but those jobs are hard to come by. Then, there's residence life, which I have a lot of experience in, but I really cannot see myself going back and being totally happy. The crazy thing is, all of the schools where I'd like to work are looking for hall directors, so I can apply for a job that I'm familiar with, work at a school that interests me in a city I want to live in, but be in a job that won't make me 100% happy. What to do?

Fortunately, my folks have been super supportive during this little, premature meltdown. They pretty much told me to not jump into something that won't make me happy...I guess it's just that easy.

No comments: