Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Jam

I've never considered myself a music person. For the longest time, the only music I really listened to was what ever was on the radio station. I did go through my R&B phase, and Boyz II Men were pretty much the greatest thing ever. Then, I had my Country phase which lasted a few years until the line between Country & Pop was annihilated (thanks a lot Shania!).

Over the last couple of years, I've realized that my musical tastes have been leaning towards chill, acoustic music over stuff like Hip-hop, Alternative, and Emo. Personally, I think it's because of my recent man-crush on Zach Braff. I have fine tuned my preference which now includes artists like Jack Johnson, Schuyler Fisk, Amos Lee, Joshua Radin, Tristan Prettyman, and my all-time favorite Griffin House.

Compared to the rest, Griffin House is still kind of under the radar, which is fine by me because I feel like I'm in the know. I stumbled across House's Myspace page a few years ago, and I really dug a song on his music player called "The Guy That Says Goodbye to You Is Out of His Mind" I was immediately hooked, and I was excited to see that a music video has finally been produced:



The video itself is pretty low-key, and straight to the point, but it's the song that really shines. Despite my love for Griffin House, I've yet to catch one of his shows, and he comes up to Portland a lot. He's scheduled to be back in January, and I should check it out...I just need to find someone who digs his kind of music to go with me.

No comments: