Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Countdown

In roughly six months I'll be finishing up my graduate degree (fingers crossed), and starting the new chapter of my life. I'd be lying if I said I'm not counting down the days until I'm finished, unfortunately, I don't quite know what that next chapter will be.

I've been spending way too much time and effort trying to figure out what my next move is going to be. Sure, the picture is becoming a little bit clearer, but it's by no means totally in focus. Usually, this uncertainty excites me, but for some reason the unknown is freaking me out just a bit this time around.

Maybe it's because I have more questions than I have answers. There is still a part of me that is wondering if I'm really on the right track, moving towards the life that I'm meant for. I mean, I enjoy working in student services...I just don't love it. This lack of passion has me worried because I've always wanted to love what I do, and I just don't know if this is it. The thing is, it might be too late. I've spent way too much time and money to just change my mind and walk away. Plus, it's not like I hate what I do.

Add to this the fact that I have no idea where I'm going to be living in six-plus months, and I've had a lot on my mind. I'm pretty sure Portland's been taken off of the list, but then again I never say never. In all reality my next stop revolves around where I can find work, so it's kind of out of my hands, but I'd like to have SOME direction.

So, I'm ready to get going onto whatever life has in store for me next, but a little hint about what that might be wouldn't hurt.

No comments: