Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Here or There

The one common theme that can be seen throughout my blogs is indecision. Apparently, I have trouble picking a life path and sticking to it. For example, I was positive that I would be headed back to Texas when I was done with graduate school. It only made sense since my family is there, and I would like to start settling down sooner than later. Then I started questioning if that is the right next step for me.

Before I made this decision to move back home, I always envisioned myself making one more stop before heading back to Texas. Places like Colorado and Hawaii have always been appealing to me, and I would love to have the chance to spend some time there. I've even tossed around the idea of sticking around Portland for a few more years, but it seems like I'm at either one extreme or the other when it comes to this place. When the sun is out, I cannot imagine living anywhere else. When it's cloudy and rainy, I cannot understand why I stick around. Too bad it's cloudy and rainy half of the year. Maybe I just need to buy one of those UV headlamps.

So here I am again...trying to figure out what I want to do and where I want to live, and I'm not coming up with many answers. The only thing I know for sure is I don't know anything when it comes to what I want out of life.

No comments: