Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Lack of Passion

About a year ago, I wrote an entry about how I didn't have any direction when it came to my life and work mostly due to the fact that there's nothing that I'm truly passionate about. I'd like to report that things have changed, and I have a better idea of what I want to do with my life because I found my one true passion, but unfortunately I can't. I'm still looking though.

The thought of throwing myself back into my writing has crossed my mind, but I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that my dreams of being a serious writer are over. I need to find something real to fill this void. I'm still convinced that this hole can be filled by some kind of service. Now, I just need to figure out what that means.

I'm still interested in working with children through Big Brothers Big Sisters, but the thought of working with animals in shelters also has some appeal. It's not really finding something to do that is the problem, rather finding the motivation to get out there to do something. Sometimes, I don't know how people can dedicate their lives to others when I can barely live my own life. I guess figuring out the answer is the first step towards becoming complete...

1 comment:

Beautifully Simple said...

you know, a dream is still a dream even after the one has stop believing in it.

you can always reach up and grab it when ever you are good and ready..