Sunday, February 28, 2010

My New Goal

For some reason, I've never been one for hobbies outside of dabbling in writing from time to time, but there is one thing that I'd like to learn and master: surfing.

About a year ago, I was in Hawaii visiting family, and while on Maui we checked out the little town of Pāʻia, which is famous for its windsurfing. While looking out at the water, I couldn't help but feel like I belonged there, which sparked my interest in picking up surfing.

My trip to Hawaii not only made me want to learn a new sport, but it also made me realize how much I love being by the water, and how the beach bum lifestyle would suit me.

I used to joke about running off to Mexico to sell t-shirts on the beach to tourists, but the more I think about, the more appealing that vocation sounds. Hawaii has plenty of tourists that need t-shirts, and I could earn some cash to pay for surfing lessons. It's all coming together...

No comments: