Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Blah-entine's Day

This time last year, I was talking about how I was OK with being single during Valentine's Day because of how in flux my life was at the time.  Oh what a difference a year makes because here we have another Valentine's Day, and yes I'm still single, but this time I'm not as cool with my relationship status (or lack of one).

I guess the biggest reason why I'm not too jazzed about being single is because last year I knew I was moving away from Portland, and now I know that I'm going to be in San Marcos for the next couple of years.  Sure, I've only been in town a little over four months, so it shouldn't be too surprising that I haven't found the love of my life, but I thought that I'd have at least some prospectives by now.

Then again, I know that deep down I'm just biding my time because I have a pretty good idea who I am meant for, and going down random roads with random people isn't going to lead to her.  I just have to be patient, and let things unfold. Is that romantic or just crazy?

P.S. - On a somewhat related note, check out PostSecret's V-Day inspired "Sunday Secrets" post.

2 comments:

Beautifully Simple said...

That last part of your blog-not crazy at all.

I can so relate to it. I must admit that I was shocked and relieved to read this on a guys blog...

No offense to my species, but more male bloggers are needed. lol

Marcos said...

Thanks for reading, and I'll do my best to fill the male void on the blogosphere :)