Friday, January 29, 2010

My Tumbling Tumbleweed

Once again, I find myself going back on something that I thought I wanted.  A few posts ago, I talked about how seeing my nieces made me realize that I want to start settling down and yadda, yadda, yadda.  After a couple of days, I'm not so sure that's the case anymore.

The thought of being cemented to one place has always been unnerving to me.  Maybe I'm just not the settling type, and I'm the kind of person that needs to shake things up from time to time, even if the act of constant change is a pattern unto itself (ironic, right?).

I'm bringing this up because one day I had this idea that was kind of exciting, and I could not remember the last time I was excited.  I told myself how cool it would be if I set a goal for myself that involved me living in ten different cities throughout the country.  At the time it sounded like an admirable target to hit.

What's even more encouraging is the fact that I'm almost half way there since I've spent time in Midland, San Antonio, Portland, and now San Marcos.  My sights are now set on Austin, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Boulder or Ft. Collins, and Hawaii.  Sounds do-able?

I know that this is a lofty goal, and I'd be lucky to get to one or two of these cities, but it's good to be ambitious (or delusional).  And I know that I need to figure out what I'm chasing after before I end up without a true home because maybe it's just around the corner instead of half-way across the country.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But we want you back in PDX!

Marcos said...

A return to PDX is not out of the question...