Saturday, January 23, 2010

My Stumptown

For some reason I've really been missing Portland lately.  Maybe it's because of all of the Leverage that I've been watching, but I have a feeling there's more to it than that.  I just miss the culture and vibe, and more importantly all of my PDX friends.

I was lucky to have met some of the greatest people on the planet while living up in Portland, and while it was hard leaving them behind, I knew that I had to at the time.  Now, I'm kicking myself a little bit for taking off like that, but I'm still convinced that I needed to come home, even if it's only for a little while.  Maybe my path will take me back to the Northwest...you never know.

The crazy thing is, I didn't think I'd be missing PDX like this, but the old adage is true, you don't know what you have until it's gone.  I took Portland for granted, and didn't take full advantage of what the city had to offer while I was living up there.  I just need to make sure I don't make that mistake again, and I need to live it up in Austin while I'm in Central Texas because I don't need anymore regret.

Luckily for me, I have plenty of reasons to visit Portland and places to crash.  This time around, I won't let the charm of the city go to waste.

No comments: