Monday, May 18, 2009

My Job Hunt - Update 4

The job hunt is still fruitless. UH still hasn't gotten back to me, and I'm pretty sure that means that I'm no longer in the running. I should probably follow up just to make sure. Of course, the Texas State job was a dead end, but I did apply for a position at the University of North Texas. We'll see if that leads to anything, but I'm not holding my breath per usual.

I have made the decision to postpone the job search for a few months though, mostly because I won't be able to travel anywhere for potential interviews until mid-June. Plus there's the whole moving situation, so it would just make sense to wait until I'm back in Texas, and start up all over again.

Right now, I'm still in an OK place mentally, but I'm starting to get a wee bit unnerved about the working situation. It just seems like student affairs jobs are in short supply (at least any that I would be good at), and I just don't want to have this fancy masters degree, but have nothing to show for it. Again, I'm not freaking out...yet.

No comments: