Monday, May 18, 2009

My Happy Day

So, Sunday had some great news on the TV front as many industry insiders reported that Chuck has been renewed by NBC. Of course, I'm not completely sold until NBC's upfront on Tuesday, but I'm sure this is pretty solid intel.

There are some provisions for the third season of the spy dramedy though. First off, NBC only ordered a 13-episode season, and I want to say that they have the option to order the back 9 to make a complete season. To be honest, I'm totally fine with the 13-episode season, and I think that all dramas should have shorter seasons. I just feel like you can focus on two of three solid story arcs rather than trying to fill 22 episodes.

There are also rumors that some of the supporting cast may have their appearances trimmed, or eliminated altogether. Again, I'm fine with this development as long as Chuck, Sarah, and Casey are in all of the episodes. Anna Wu may be a character that gets written out, and that wouldn't be a huge loss. They could axe Morgan too for all I care. Ditto when it comes to the Buy More.

Then there's the rumor that it might be placed on Fridays, which tends to be the night of death if you're not a CBS drama or Friday Night Lights. If NBC puts Chuck on Fridays, then it's almost certain that season 3 will be the end of the show, so I hope they plan to wrap up most of the loose ends in 13 episodes.

So, this news may not be all good, but it's way better than getting no Chuck at all.

No comments: