Monday, September 15, 2008

My Booty Embargo

I'm not good at being single. I've always been the relationship kind of guy who enjoys being with someone over being alone. Now, I'm not the kind of person who always has to be in a relationship, and I do enjoy the single lifestyle, but I like having that special girl in my life. Since I've been up in Portland, I've been going through a minor dry-spell, and it's been frustrating but also good for me. I've had a few potential suitors, but nothing serious, and I'm OK with that because each one was special while it lasted, so I'm grateful rather than bitter.

The few near misses have helped me in the long run because they allowed me to sit and examine what I'm looking for right now. After some thinking I've decided to put my love life on hold for the next couple of months. That's right, I'm installing a full booty embargo on myself. No more searching for Miss Right for the foreseeable future. The reason I've decided to do this to myself is because I have no idea where I'm going to be next year.

I made the decision a while back that I'm moving back to Texas once I'm done with graduate school. While I've loved living up in Oregon, I knew it was not going to be a permanent home for me. Texas will always be home, and I can't wait to be back. So, the conclusion I've come to is there really isn't a point in searching for love up in Portland, knowing that I'm leaving in about 9 months. Why put someone or myself through that?

The thing is, I'm the "never say never" type. If the woman of my dreams shows up in the next couple of months, I'm not going to let her pass me by, but I'm not going to dedicate time searching for her either. I'll just let things happen for once...

No comments: