Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Kitchen: Week 2

Week 2 of my little cooking experiment was not as successful as my first one, mostly due to the fact that I didn't end up cooking as much as I wanted to. Out of the three meals I had planned, I was only able to get to two of them.

Last week I wasn't able to make up the Greek-style turkey burgers I had planned, so I made them on Sunday. They had a decent flavor to them, but the yogurt sauce was essentially a poor man's tzatziki. If I make them again, I'll definitely grill them instead of pan-frying like I was supposed to. Meal 2 was a chicken curry stir-fry with brown rice. I'll definitely make that one again once I figure out how to properly make brown rice. Every time I try to make it, even instant, I end up messing something up.

This week's menu will have the sesame chicken stir-fry that I wasn't able to get to, pizza joes, and maybe some kind of pasta dish, either a bow-tie or orzo since I still have some left over. I do have a creamy asparagus chicken with bow-tie and Mediterranean chicken with rosemary orzo recipe bookmarked. I do have to make up for lost time...

No comments: