Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Déjà Vu, My Déjà Vu

So, I've been back in Midland for almost two weeks, and it feels like I've been thrown back in time. Very few things have changed, and those that have been altered are so slight that it's almost unnoticeable. Part of me really cannot believe that I'm back here after living in San Antonio and Portland, but here I am.

It's not all that bad. It's nice being around family, and the familiar surroundings can be comforting when they're not closing in on me. Also, not having to worry about a ton of bills is nice since I have yet to find a job.

Oddly, enough I'm slowly coming around to the idea of living in Midland for a bit to work, fingers crossed, so I can save up some money. Sure, San Francisco and Austin are still at the top of my list of places to be, but they'll still be there when I'm ready to move on.

Plus, 2010 looks like is going to be a time of transition for the Canales family with my sister having another baby, and it is likely that my folks will be moving closer to Houston and San Antonio. It'll be a prime time to turn the page to the next chapter of my life.

No comments: