Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Job Hunt - Update

The job hunt has been hectic, but far from life consuming, which I guess is a good thing. I've applied for a variety of student affairs jobs in Oregon, Hawaii, California, and Texas, but I really haven't gotten too many nibbles. Right now, I'd say my best bet is the job I applied for at the University of Hawaii, but it's still way too early to tell.

I have received a few rejections, which are never easy to swallow, but I'm taking them in stride. I figure it wasn't meant to be, so it's nothing personal, and I'm probably better off not being there to begin with. It's easy to have that attitude now because it's still somewhat early. I doubt I'll be so nonchalant if I'm still unemployed in a few months, which could be possible.

I keep telling myself that the right job is out there, but the pessimist in me is afraid that I'll officially be over-educated in about two months. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: