Monday, August 2, 2010

My Kitchen Redux: Episode II - Revenge of the Wisk

The month of May was spent trying out a new hobby that I've been meaning to pick up: cooking. For a few weeks there, I was actually doing OK when it came to cooking my own meals. While I wasn't Tyler Florence by the end of the month, I did make some eatable dishes.

Then everything went to Hell in a handbasket once June hit. I went two whole months with little to no cooking. There were a few times I made some Hamburger Helper, but I don't think that really qualifies as cooking. I just ran out of steam and motivation, and once again got caught up in the convenience of dining or carrying out.

As August begins (or has just begun), once again I'm making it my goal to cook more often. I've actually been saving some recipes I've found online, so at least now I have some go-tos at my disposal, which will make it easier to decide what's for dinner.

I actually liked cooking for myself, and I do want to make it a habit, but it's so easy to drive by Panda Express to pick up some orange chicken...and it's so tasty. OK, enough of that. I'm serious this time.

No comments: