Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My New Toy: HTC Aria vs. iPhone 4, Rd. 2

For the last couple of months, I was going back and forth about which new smartphone I was going to purchase. In one corner was the iPhone 4 and in the other, AT&T's mid-range Android phone the HTC Aria.

I've owned the first-generation iPhone for three years, so I was originally going to go with the newest version, but I was so smitten by the Aria that it was no longer a no-brainer. I did tons of research, played with models in the AT&T store, and obsessed on the decision for weeks.

Last week I finally went with the Aria. The first couple of days with the phone were frustrating because I was trying to figure out the new Android OS, but the Aria has slowly been growing on me. Unfortunately, I'm still not 100% sold.

I still have a few more weeks to test out the Aria, or I can exchange it for the iPhone 4 with the promotional price. Right now, my inclination is to go back to Apple so I can have a phone I'm familiar with, but I don't want to short-change the Aria either. Plus, I know that I haven't used my HTC device to its full potential. Maybe I should have waited a little bit longer...ah well.

No comments: