Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My Toughest Decision

Usually, I can make a snap decision, move forward, and not really give it a second thought. Apparently, I use take this approach when it comes to buying a new phone. I've been sharing my thoughts about the iPhone 4 and the HTC Aria, but some new players have entered the competition. Namely, the HTC Droid Incredible and the Samsung Galaxy S.

Now, you would think picking a phone really shouldn't be that big of a deal, but choosing something besides the iPhone or the Aria would mean I would have to change wireless carriers (Verizon for the Droid Incredible, Sprint or T-Mobile for the Galaxy S). Making that kind of change and commitment is not an easy decision.

I was with Sprint prior to moving to Cingular (now AT&T), and I didn't have a bad experience but I changed because I didn't like their phone selection. So far, I've been content with AT&T and wouldn't mind sticking around, but their new voice and data plans are kind of odd.

Verizon and the Droid Incredible started to take a slight lead, but apparently they're going to a similar model for their plans as well. I wouldn't mind going back to Sprint or moving over to T-Mobile if their phones are worth the hassle of changing carriers. Hopefully, I'll have the chance to play with the Samsung Epic (Sprint) and the Samsung Vibrant to help me with my decision.

Or I can just stick to my good ole first gen iPhone...

No comments: