Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Doctor, Doctor

I was convinced once I finished up my masters degree, that would be it for me when it comes to furthering my education. For some reason, I've been rethinking that stance lately.

While at Portland State, I focused most of my studies on diversity, multiculturalism, and the identity development of multiracial individuals. These subjects really inspired my studies, and in the back of my mind I knew I'd enjoy continuing to study them, but at the time it was an afterthought.

Now, I'm considering going back to school to earn my PhD in education and building off of the foundation that I started at PSU. I've started to do some research on schools and it looks like there might be some interesting programs at the University of New Mexico and the University of Hawaii. I know that I'm still a few years away from actually applying, but the thought is kind of exciting, which surprises me.

Unfortunately, you don't need a doctorate in order to sell t-shirts on the beach.

No comments: