Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Daisies are Being Pushed

It looks like I should have done my research before putting out my dream, ABC prime time lineup. I can't say that I'm surprised to see that Pushing Daisies is on the bubble because it hasn't been bringing in the numbers, but it'll suck if this show is canned due to circumstances it had no control over.

Every sophomore series was devastated by the WGA Writer's Strike because they did not have the chance to really find a wide audience. The strike also kept new shows off the air for months, so potential viewers didn't have the chance to see shows like Pushing Daisies. I also think some viewers were turned away from network TV because of the strike, but that's just my own conspiracy theory.

So, it looks like Ned, Chuck, Emerson, and Olive will be pushing daisies themselves, which is unfortunate because this show has tons of potential.

No comments: