Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Getaways: Back East

Over the last couple of months, I've made it a point to actually use my vacation time, and I've gone home every time I had some time off. While I love going back home, the last few times I've realized that I need a real vacation. I don't think I have the time or money to go on my dream vacation, but I would like to explore more of the country.

I'll fully admit that I'm a West Coast kinda guy. I've been missing the Pacific Northwest terribly, and I'd love to spend some extended time in San Francisco, but I think I need to check out the Eastern U.S. to see what it has to offer.

There are a few stops that would be mandatory, but I'd like to changes things up a bit too. New York City is a no-brainer mostly because I want to see why so many people heart NY. I don't think I could actually live in a city like NYC, but visiting every once in a while could be fun. Another stop that I'd have to make would be Boston, which for some reason is the only East Coast city that I could see myself living in despite never being there before.

I'd like to go back to Washington, D.C. since I was young when I visited last time, and I'd think I'd appreciate it a lot more a second time around. Another city that would be interesting to check out would be Philadelphia. Again, it's a place I don't think I could settle down in based on what I know about it, but I definitely want to experience it.

Other cities like Pittsburgh and Baltimore would make the expanded list, and since I'm a beach person I'd like to hit up some of the coastal getaways. Oh, and Miami. I'd even be up for visiting places in Connecticut, Maine, and the rest of New England. For an international flavor, I'd be willing to check out Toronto.

Seeing all of theses places is a lofty goal, but one I'm totally willing to strive for. Honestly though, if I'm able to get to a few of them, then I'd be happy. Now, I just need to start saving up...

No comments: