Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My 30th Year

My 30th birthday has come and gone, and while I still haven't accomplished the goals that I wanted to have done by this pivotal milestone, I want to try to remain positive about my life.

While I cannot say that I've lived the most exciting life, I can say that I've been very fortunate these past 30 years. I have a wonderful family that loves me and supports me. I've been consistently employed (with a few minor breaks) since my sophomore year of college. I can pay my rent, bills, and buy food. Sure, I have some bad days, but I cannot complain.

Yes, there are so many things I sill want to accomplish and I've made some missteps along the way. I still have time to reach my goals, and I have the chance to keep learning from my mistakes because I'll have a support system to hold me up if needed. Things may not be perfect, but I couldn't be luckier.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll drink to this. I've started staring down 30 (I'm 27) and nowhere near where I need to be or even should be. But embracing stoicism has changed a lot about the way I think and I'm certain I'll be alright. So a toast. And happy belated birthday, Marcos.

-Q