Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Getaway(s)

I've decided that I need to travel more.  Sure, I've had my share of adventures, but for some reason I feel that something's still missing.  My passport is lacking stamps.  I have this need to get out of San Marcos, get out of Texas, get out of the country.

I have a list going in my head, and it's getting longer by the day.  Some of the places on the list are practical.  It's always nice heading to Hawaii to visit family.  Others are ambitious, like Japan for example.  Some are just selfish, such as Italy or Greece (I'm convinced I'd find my future wife if I traveled to either place).  And the rest are no-brainers like New York City, Chicago, and Sydney.

Regardless of the place, I need to see some new places so I can scratch this itch.  Obviously, seeing these places is easier said than done, especially when you're lacking the funds, but it's a goal I've set my sights on, and usually I can achieve my goals.

No comments: