Thursday, October 29, 2009

My Smart Cookies

This week I made cookies from scratch for the first time by myself, and for the second time ever.  To be honest, the first time shouldn't count because I really didn't do much...I just kinda sat there and watched my friend make the cookies. I did provide the butter and some jokes, so I was contributing something.

I'm sure the fact that I baked cookies seems like a random thing to blog about, but I was really proud of my work. The cookies were not perfect, but they're edible, which is a win in my book.  Also, I've been looking for something to occupy my time.  I've never really had a hobby per se, and for the last couple of years my life pretty much revolved around work and school.  Now, I have way too much time on my hands, and I'm trying to find things to fill it.

Cooking/baking has always been something that has intrigued me, but I just never had the motivation to try.  Sure, I can cook for myself, but preparing meals for one can be expensive, and it's not as fun.  I've cooked for friends before, but it's not something that ever really stuck.  Maybe now it will.

I'm not going to be on the Food Network anytime soon, but my venture into baking was a fun and satisfying one.  Plus, chicks dig a guy that can cook.

No comments: