Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Spulazers

I'm spending my Sunday evening watching the Blazers-Spurs game on TV. I could have been at the game live, but all of the people I wanted to go with were not available. Sure, I could've found someone else, but I really didn't want to go with just anyone. Ah well.

Really, I'm not upset that I'm not at the game mostly because both teams are not at 100%. Greg Oden (Portland) is out with a knee injury, while Manu Ginobli (San Antonio) is injured as well. I wasn't expecting Tim Duncan (San Antonio) to be playing, but apparently he is. It would have been fun to watch Tony Parker (San Antonio) take on Brandon Roy and Rudy Fernandez, but I'm sure I'll have the chance to see these two teams face off some time in the future.

Plus, the Spurs are playing kind of sloppy, so it might not have been the best game to watch this season, but it's obvious that this rivalry is the changing of the guard because the younger Blazers are giving the veteran Spurs fits. I'll be happy regardless of which team wins, but I'd be slightly happier if the Spurs end up with the W.

No comments: