Monday, February 2, 2009

My Super Blog XLIII

I missed the first half of Super Bowl XLIII, but apparently it wasn't all that important. Fortunately, I did get to see the greatest play in Super Bowl history (the James Harrison INT/TD), and that's when the game became interesting.

Now, I was pulling for the Arizona Cardinals, and some may claim that I am not a true fan, but I've been a quiet supporter of them for some years now (around the time Emmitt Smith became a Cardinal), so my heart was broken slightly once the Pittsburgh Steelers re-took the lead.

At the end of the night, Super Bowl XLIII was one of the best championship games I've seen in a long time (although Super Bowl XXXIV - St. Louis/Tennessee was pretty good too), and Ben Roethlisberger and Larry Fitzgerald solidified themselves as the future of the NFL. Seriously, how cluth are those guys?

Sure, I wish the outcome was a little bit different, and I didn't care for all of the calls/no-calls made by the refs, but it was a pretty amazing game.

Other than the 2nd half, Super Bowl weekend was uneventful. I'm over watching the commericals, and I stopped paying attention to The Office, so my evening ended fairly early.

No comments: