Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Job Hunt

The job hunt has officially started, and so far so good...sorta. The biggest question has been answered, which means I'm focusing my attention on jobs in either the Portland area or back home in Texas. In the end, I felt that these locations are the best options because it's time for me to find a home and get ready to grow up.

Right now, there are some good leads in Houston, San Marcos, Austin, San Antonio, and San Angelo. I'd enjoy living in all of those places, with the exception of San Angelo, but the job would be a good one. So, it looks like I might have some options...hopefully.

The jobs market is more limited in Portland, at least when it comes to student services. There is one job that might have some promise, but it's by no means an ideal fit for me. Then again, I really don't have the luxury of being picky, so more than likely I'll throw my name into consideration.

I know that nothing is guaranteed, but I'm feeling a little bit better about some of the options that are out there. I'm not freaking out as much.

No comments: