Tuesday, November 8, 2011

My New Goal Revisited

Last August, I made a goal for myself that I would be back in the Pacific Northwest in a year's time. Obviously that time has come and gone, and I'm still here in Texas, so that didn't end up happening, but I have been giving it more thought over the last couple of weeks.

The original plan was for me to end up Seattle since I had already experienced Portland, but in all reality I'd be happy with either. Heck, anywhere on the West Coast would be nice at this point (well, almost. Don't know about L.A.). I just feel like being on that side of the country would match up with who I am better than my current location even though I'm a Texan born and raised.

Honestly, I think I'm just nostalgic for what I had in Portland, and I'd like to have it back. The thing is, I don't want to give up what I have here in Texas either. While being back home, I've realized how much I need to be around my family, and I've been spoiled by being so close to them over the past two years. I don't know if I can go back to living half-way across the country and only getting to come home once or twice a year.

If I was a smart man, I'd compromise and settle down in Austin which has similar sensibilities as Seattle and Portland  but is still close to those I love. I just don't want to feel like I missed out on something by not living in Seattle for a spell. Plus, I've always gotten by on my looks and not on my brain ;)

No comments: