Saturday, December 19, 2009

My Christmas Break

Although I have to go in on Monday to help tie up some end of the semester loose ends, I am officially on break until January 4.  Yup, that's two weeks of holiday vacation, and to be honest I don't know what I'm going to do with so much time on my hands.

The plan for Christmas is set.  We're going to Houston to celebrate since my sister is expecting another child, and making her travel didn't make much sense.  My folks are going to be swinging through San Marcos on Tuesday, and then we're off to H-town.  Right now, I don't know how long we're going to be there, but I'm looking forward to it, which is an odd thing for me to say.

After Christmas is a whole different story.  Part of me wouldn't mind going back to Midland for a few days, but my low tolerance for my hometown combined with limited traveling funds makes coming back to San Marcos a more appealing option.  Then again, it's the holidays, and it's not like I have a ton to do in Central TX, so I might as well head back for some home cooking.  We'll just have to see what happens.

Regardless, I'm pumped to have some time off even though I've only been technically working for a little more than two months.  What can I say, it was a hectic couple of months...

No comments: